Thursday, February 18, 2016



Dear Parents,
Happy Thursday! Yesterday,  we began our day with Chapel and Pastor spoke about the church season that we are in now, Lent.  We have talked about it in class too, but it is good to hear all about Lent in different places.  Pastor spoke about how Lent is a more serious and somber season, because we are preparing ourselves for Jesus’ death and resurrection.  We DO have Lenten services here at Trinity, on Wednesday nights, with a dinner prior to the service.  Consider yourself invited!  We sang one of my favorite hymns today in Chapel….”Christ Be My Leader”.  Read these words…..    
     
Christ be my leader by night as by day; Safe through the darkness for He is the Way. 
Gladly I follow, my future His care;…Darkness is daylight when Jesus is there.

Christ be my teacher in age as in youth, Drifting or doubting, for He is the Truth.
 Grant me to trust Him, though shifting as sand, ….Doubt cannot daunt me; in Jesus I stand.

Christ be my Savior in calm as in strife; Death cannot hold me, for He is the Life. Nor darkness nor doubting, no sin and its stain, can touch my salvation; with Jesus I reign. 

Such powerful words…..He is the Way, He is the Truth, He is the Life!  And the reminder that neither darkness, nor doubting, or any of our sins can compromise our salvation….all because of Jesus and his great love.  I pray that you are reminded of all of God’s promises daily!

NWEA testing results came home yesterday.  Did you see how your firstie has progressed so far this year? Seeing how far they have come, I am looking forward to testing in the spring (ahh…..doesn’t that sound nice??? Spring and warmer temperatures……) and seeing how much further they progress.  I do have to say, also, that I am really digging the fact that we will test three times throughout the year because it really does show their progress. 

We are a just a rockin’ and a rolling in Math class!  In our new chapter we will be adding 2-digit numbers.  Thank you for continuing to check papers and reiterate at home, what is going on at school. 

Blessings!
Miss Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment