Thursday, March 10, 2016



Dear Parents,
I wanted to share with you a few snap shots from the last few weeks….

*Seeing the joy of the firsties faces when they were able to go on the GIANT snow hill out in the parking lot for the first time….

*Kindergarten student students hugging the legs of the 7&8grade students as they are walked down the hall….and the older kids totally loving it….

*Students embracing the bracelets that we were given to us, in remembrance of Abby.   

*Students getting excited about March being reading month and, for me, seeing how far they have come with reading this year…

It has been a very “different” few weeks but in looking ahead, I am excited about what is coming up.   

We have the comfort dog coming to visit the whole school tomorrow and I am looking forward to seeing how the firsties interact with the dog. 

My former kindergarten teacher passed away two weeks ago and I was able to go home for her funeral, last weekend.  She was a wonderful Christian lady who taught for 41 years.  She and her husband were some of my parents’ closest and oldest friends; they even traveled together often.  She was sick but only had been sick for a few months….so it was quite a shock when she passed.  The more I heard about the days before her passing, the more I heard that she was ready to go.  I am so thankful and comforted that she had peace and understanding of her Lord and Savior….what a blessing.  What an amazing blessing. That is not to say that she won't be missed and I am certainly sad, but the knowledge of her with Jesus, lessens it.

One of my classmates, found this picture and had a framed and sent it to her when she retired.  We were a special class to her and she told my mom later, that receiving the picture, was one of the very best gifts she received. I shared it with the firsties this morning....a few were able to find me....can you? :)



Standing of the powerful promises of God,
Miss Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment