Wednesday, January 6, 2016



Dear Parents,
Happy New Year and welcome back to school!  Well, we have made it now for three whole days and it has been really great!  Call me crazy, but I think the firsties were ready to come back to school (at least that is what I choose to believe in my little "teacher heart"). I hope that you had a wonderful break and were able to spend some good time with family and friends. 

We are back in to the swing of things and the spelling pre-test today went very well!  Please continue to go over our spelling words and help your firstie practice the memory verse for our test on Friday. 
 
I introduced the iPads yesterday in our “Daily 5” and you could have heard a pin drop!  They are enjoying them immensely and I am thankful that we have them and are able to use them for review and other educational purposes.

In Math, we have begun learning about tens and their number words.  Please review tens with your firstie.  Just so you know, there are counting songs on go noodle that you can sing along with your firstie.  We have watched them a few times, and many of the kids in the class already have the songs memorized.  

I have received a few items for our “found” creations.  Hopefully after listening to your kiddo read the story “And I Mean It, Stanley”, you will understand a little better why I am asking for you to send any random items you might have lying around your house. Thank you!

In Science, we have been studying life cycles of plants and animals and we will be doing do a “planting” experiment on Friday.  Hopefully, the kids will be as excited as their teacher will be about the results…ha!

Blessings on the rest of your week!
Miss Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment