Sunday, November 8, 2015



Dear Parents,
Well, we had a VERY interesting start to our day on Friday!  I live in Bay City, and I honestly didn’t hear anything!  I did know that it was raining, but I didn’t see that it rained hard by me. I didn’t even lose power!  So, when I arrived at school, and some classrooms had lights, and some didn’t…well, let’s just say that it was surprise!  Luckily, first grade was one of the classrooms that had lights and power was restored to the whole school, around quarter after 10.  So we all survived just fine.

In Religion, we have been discussing the people of Israel and how God asked them to build a “church tent”.  We learned that they gave all kinds of things to help build it and they gave those things willingly. We talked about what WE can give and I must say that I was impressed with some the first grade responses.  They said that they could give food, give clothes that they don’t need anymore, and they can give their praises to God. So, even though we don’t need to give stuff to make a church, we are still able to give.  And we don’t just have to give our things, but we can give our time and share with others things that we are good at.

In Math, we continue to learn different strategies on how to add.  We have been using our ten-frames, using our number lines, and we have been counting on in our heads.  I don’t want to confuse them, just give them other ways to add and not have them rely on their little fingers so much.  

Send in your family projects at any time!  Just remember that they are due NO Later than Friday, November 20th

I am looking forward to speaking with you all this week at our Parent/Teacher Conferences.  Thank you for your commitment to your child’s education. 

See you in the morning!   
Miss Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment